Did You Know We Deliver?
For more information, call our office or head over to the ordering section.
Onondaga Valley Area
This soup is clean, light and combines the flavors of what is currently in season.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sea salt
- Zucchini or Yellow Squash (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 5-8 large collard leaves, tough ends removed and leaves roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch Ground Ginger
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook onion, covered, until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook for 3 minutes more. Add squash, and pour in filtered water until it reaches just below the top of the squash.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons basil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until squash is just tender, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in greens, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of basil. Puree soup in batches in a blender until very smooth, adding more water (about 1/2 cup) if it’s too thick. Return to pot, and reheat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with dill, black pepper, ginger and a drizzle of oil, and pinch of sea salt.
Welcome to Grindstone Farm
Grindstone Farm provides produce through our Home Delivery Box Program and Farmer’s Markets (scroll down for locations). With over 25 years of rich experience in growing high quality, certified organic fruits and vegetables, Grindstone Farm has become a well-known leader in Central New York.
We grow over 120 varieties of vegetables and fruits. You’ll find everything from A (asparagus and arugula) to Z (zucchini and zinnia). We also serve as a link between you and other farms through which we offer fresh, natural dairy, meat, organic dried fruits, nuts, honey, maple syrup, juices and more.
What’s New At Grindstone Farm
$25 minimum for delivery. No minimum for on farm pick up.
Order deadline is noon on Monday
Delivery Thanksgiving week is Tuesday, November 24th
We are extending our free delivery to group sites and reduced home delivery fees for this upcoming week. Frozen turkeys are still available on the website available as 13, 14, 16 and 17 pound increments. It takes 2-4 hours in the refrigerator to defrost 4# of frozen turkey. A typical 12# bird will take up to 36 hours to properly defrost. Keep this in mind if you order a turkey this week.
The 3.75# and 4.0# chickens are still on sale for $3.50 per pound.
We still have large butternut squash available. These squash are a minimum of 6# up to 10# each. If you are feeding a large crowd this would make sense to buy one of these.
We have a limited supply of produce available this week and will fill all orders to the best of our ability. If we run out of something your order will be adjusted.
This week’s box contents:
Crispin Apples, Whole Cranberries, Kiwi, Forono Beets, Orange Carrots, Celery, Red Butter Lettuce, Mustard Greens, GSF Potatoes, Winter Squash, Sunchokes, Cherry Tomatoes and Purple Top Turnips.
All the contents of the Healthy Box plus Lemon, Bosc Pears, Tangelos, Green Beans, Green Romain Lettuce, Pie Pumpkin, Shallots and Yams.
Cocomut, Kiwi, Limes, Cantaloupe, Bosc Pears, Tangerines, Dried Cranberries, and Dried Plums.
Crispin Apples, Arugula, Red Beets, Brussels Sprouts, Red Cabbage, Orange Carrots, Dandelion Greens, Kakurei turnips, Red Lettuce, Mizuna, Red Mustard Greens, Gold Potatoes, Shallots and Sweet Dumpling Squash.
French Roast Coffee, Avocado, Grapefruit, Forono Beets, Braising Mix, Red Butter Lettuce, Red Onion, Butternut Squash, Sunchokes, Purple Top Turnips, Whole Frozen Chicken, Hot Dogs and Zante Currants.
The Grindstone Farm family wishes everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you all for your continued loyalty and support of our small farm!
To place or modify your order for this week, please click here.
The Grindstone Farm Team
780 County Route 28
Tinker Tavern Road
Pulaski, NY 13142-2471
fax: (315) 298-2119
pho: (315) 298-4139
We at Grindstone Farm know you care about local eating, so we have created this group on Wholeshare to open the door to Regional Access’s wholesale products. This site operates a bit differently than your Grindstone account, in that you can order bulk items, but you can also initiate a “split” of a bulk item so that you are buying only what you can handle.