Did You Know We Deliver?
For more information, call our office or head over to the ordering section.
Onondaga Valley Area
This soup is clean, light and combines the flavors of what is currently in season.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sea salt
- Zucchini or Yellow Squash (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 5-8 large collard leaves, tough ends removed and leaves roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch Ground Ginger
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook onion, covered, until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook for 3 minutes more. Add squash, and pour in filtered water until it reaches just below the top of the squash.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons basil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until squash is just tender, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in greens, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of basil. Puree soup in batches in a blender until very smooth, adding more water (about 1/2 cup) if it’s too thick. Return to pot, and reheat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with dill, black pepper, ginger and a drizzle of oil, and pinch of sea salt.
Welcome to Grindstone Farm
Grindstone Farm provides produce through our Home Delivery Box Program and Farmer’s Markets (scroll down for locations). With over 25 years of rich experience in growing high quality, certified organic fruits and vegetables, Grindstone Farm has become a well-known leader in Central New York.
We grow over 120 varieties of vegetables and fruits. You’ll find everything from A (asparagus and arugula) to Z (zucchini and zinnia). We also serve as a link between you and other farms through which we offer fresh, natural dairy, meat, organic dried fruits, nuts, honey, maple syrup, juices and more.
What’s New At Grindstone Farm
$25 minimum for delivery. No minimum for on farm pick up.
Order deadline is noon on Monday.
Delivery is Thursday.
Our supplier could not fulfill our cauliflower order this past week and the fusion lettuce was oversold! We have pre ordered the lettuce this week. Hopefully it will be on the truck.
This week’s box contents:
Empire Apples, Navel Oranges, Anjou Pears, Golden Beets, Yellow Carrots, Celery, Red Dandelion Greens, Fusion Romaine Lettuce, Green Peppers, Gold Potatoes, Watermelon Radishes, Scallions and Zucchini Squash.
All the contents of the Healthy Box plus Meyer Lemons, Kent Mangoes, Minneola Tangelos, Brussels Sprouts, Kohlrabi, Large Tomatoes and Yams.
Empire Apples, Bananas, Grapefruit, Kiwi, Meyer Lemons, Kent Mangoes, Anjou Pears and Minneola Tangelos.
No longer available.
Whole Frozen Chicken, Ground Beef Patties, Stew Beef, Ground Pork, Pork Steaks, Hot Italian Pork Sausage, Smoked Ham Steaks and Sweet Italian Pork Sausage.
Croutons, Bananas, Arugula, Forono Beets, Red Cabbage, Yellow Carrots, Red Leaf Lettuce, White Sliced Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Scallions, Zucchini Squash, Yams, Eggs, Stew Beef, Hot Italian Pork Sausage and Peruvian Medium Roast Coffee.
Thank you all for your continued loyalty and support of our small farm!
To place or modify your order for this week, please click here.
The Grindstone Farm Team
Watertown Downtown Farmer’s Market, every Wednesday from 6:30am-3pm. This market begins in May and ends in October.
Oswego Farmer’s Market, every Thursday from 4-8pm. This market begins May and ends in October.
We look forward to seeing you all there.
780 County Route 28
Tinker Tavern Road
Pulaski, NY 13142-2471
fax: (315) 298-2119
pho: (315) 298-4139
We at Grindstone Farm know you care about local eating, so we have created this group on Wholeshare to open the door to Regional Access’s wholesale products. This site operates a bit differently than your Grindstone account, in that you can order bulk items, but you can also initiate a “split” of a bulk item so that you are buying only what you can handle.